Never The Time And The Place
Never the time and the place
And the loved one all together!
This path--how soft to pace!
This May -- what magic weather!
Where is the loved one's face?
In a dream that loved one's face meets mine,
But the house is narrow, the place is bleak
Where, outside, rain and wind combine
With a furtive ear, if I strive to speak,
With a hostile eye at my flushing cheek,
With a malice that marks each word, each sign!
O enemy sly and serpentine,
Uncoil thee from the waking man!
Do I hold the Past
Thus firm and fast
Yet doubt if the Future hold I can?
This path so soft to pace shall lead
Thro' the magic of May to herself indeed!
Or narrow if needs the house must be,
Outside are the storms and strangers: we
Oh, close, safe, warm sleep I and she, --
I and she!
Robert Browning's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never The Time And The Place by Robert Browning )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA
- A Nation I Lack Of Notion, Halla Ingimars
- a little philosophy, RIC S. BASTASA
- No More Sorrow, Dr. Emmanuel Moore Abolo