Mark R Slaughter
Thro’ night I rode –
Charging down, chasing all
Upon a stage of gnarling trails
Lost beneath a whorl of noctilucent clouds –
As of the mode of mired minds;
I knew the disconcerting eye of
Stormy Jupiter was edging out a destiny –
On my behalf! –
A dubious path to play upon
A harried heart –
A den of inner incubi;
On upon the steed I drove,
Hounded down by vagaries –
Ahead I caught uncertainties.
To halt was all to do …
The apparition plain:
Waiting in the wings,
Green of eye,
Another way –
Could I relate? –
No more the race –
Might I embrace
A sale? –
The trading of a soul? –
What trust for His parole?
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Ride by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley