Swimming against this heavy Current,
Wondering if this heartache is worth it.
He says i Haven't seen the world,
That I'm just a lonely girl.
Doesn't mean I don't understand life,
Or feel the stings of certain strife.
I hold onto random objects,
And strive to breath like this.
Sometimes the load Is heavy,
And I think I'm ready.
But then I drift back onto the vast ocean,
And think about the way I'm livin.
On again and off again, can't think of how many times I have ran.
Maybe it's you but most likely me,
I don't believe in love anymore,
But if I did it wouldn't be free and it would be better then folklore.
The wind sends out a loud wail,
As I strive to never fail..
But this is life
And it doesn't matter because troubles will assail
All we can do is fight
Even if it is to no avail
Vathalia Mae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Avail by Vathalia Mae )
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
- Discard your vanity, gajanan mishra
- Musings of Murmur, Angry Brownbear
- Days of Dream, Angry Brownbear
- House, mina lotfi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926)