Swimming against this heavy Current,
Wondering if this heartache is worth it.
He says i Haven't seen the world,
That I'm just a lonely girl.
Doesn't mean I don't understand life,
Or feel the stings of certain strife.
I hold onto random objects,
And strive to breath like this.
Sometimes the load Is heavy,
And I think I'm ready.
But then I drift back onto the vast ocean,
And think about the way I'm livin.
On again and off again, can't think of how many times I have ran.
Maybe it's you but most likely me,
I don't believe in love anymore,
But if I did it wouldn't be free and it would be better then folklore.
The wind sends out a loud wail,
As I strive to never fail..
But this is life
And it doesn't matter because troubles will assail
All we can do is fight
Even if it is to no avail
Vathalia Mae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Avail by Vathalia Mae )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey