Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
No You Don't. AND, You Wont
'I am getting increasingly uncomfortable,
With all of this racist talk.'
That may be an honest admission,
You have openly stated to give...
For all to hear!
This has not prevented you,
From committing acts of racism.
That's where you and I disagree.
There is a difference in committing,
Acts of racism.
Than there is in the admitting of them done.'
'No you don't.
AND, you wont!
NOT from me!
I shall remain forever discreet.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.