Not for tears but smile
A smoke of mighty mezz
blown away by trifle winds.
Not for tears but smile.
Be strong for the coming days,
cloche your eyes for mocking-birds.
Like a mirror be vigilant to passersby.
Love of decent nature bodes in valleys
of resilience, shape-up and foot ahead
Take nothing of less but decent kind.
The one to be is to be in the present of
Let the smile unfold, let the rain melt
He was man-less to come-at-able.
If you can, smile and take a run.
Run and seal-up the times
lost at wonder-pig.
Let the skunk chase the rats.
Like an eagle keep your aims high.
Capers keep running at no aim.
Not for tears but smile,
not for tears but smile
Melikhaya Zagagana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not for tears but smile by Melikhaya Zagagana )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Adam Lindsay Gordon
(19 October 1833 – 24 June 1870)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak