On the Beach
When the world
begins to close in on me
I walk to the beach,
not too far away.
The sea shore
ever alluring and new
yet never changing
sprawls before me.
A balm to tired minds!
The chilly breeze blowing,
the jets of water
dispersing in smoky spray,
the waves coming to cleanse the feet
Oh! What tinkling sound they produce!
I hear a maiden’s anklets chime
as she inches ahead
with steps demure,
to her bridal chamber
on her first nuptial night.
At times, they become thuds of footsteps
down the long corridors of time
tolling minutes and hours away.
The waves advancing and receding!
How they remind me
of the eternal flux of life!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On the Beach by Valsa George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Pas teje vrapoja, skender iljaz braka
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 12, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka