One Night Stand
laying here, thinking.
how good would it feel?
would you be gentle?
would it hurt?
You’ve promised me heaven;
so many talks,
I’ve listened to you
as you’ve told me
what you would do.
detail by detail
How would it feel
to have you hold me?
to have you tell me
everything I wanted to hear?
even if you lie,
lie if you must.
Tell me I’m beautiful,
gorgeous, painfully so.
I don’t care
I never have.
I want to let go.
to feel strong at heart
and weak in the knees.
I want to hear you say
To abandon everything for a night.
To let go of everything
and feel only you.
Holding me, thrusting into me.
To have you say my name
in your moment of climax.
To feel…to live.
To die a moments’ death
only to wake up to more.
Oh what I would give,
to see you sweat with restraint.
To give, and not expect.
To rejoice in my pleasure
not just In your own.
To have you here for one night.
If only you knew.
****Inspired by Nate... a good friend. :) ****
Dolan Doran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Night Stand by Dolan Doran )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Bukowski, Frank Avon
- The wish of the fish, Marina Olivera Sangers
- The shadows, Marina Olivera Sangers
- My Precious, Melissa Bange
- Dayspring, Frank Avon
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell