One True Angel
For you, we cried a Million tears
Then cried a Million more,
Just knowing, you'll never be there at your gate,
As you did many times before.
You left us broken hearted,
The day you went away,
Just knowing that this was the last time,
With so many words to say.
For life has this way of dealing,
A hand that's so cruel and unkind,
With you, life held so much meaning,
Now all that's left behind.
At night when the bright stars twinkle,
We'll look up to the sky,
Then tell you how much we miss you,
The apple of our eye.
In life you were an Angel,
In death you are for sure,
As the brightest star shines upon us,
We know you miss us too.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A great friend who I love and miss so much! Xxx
Comments about this poem (One True Angel by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Hell, Jake Glenney
- Mary Beth, Jake Glenney
- Nothing, Jake Glenney