Open Bar for Agnostics
There remain no honorable gods left
who are pure of thought;
only a small army of faith filled poets
with yellowing teeth
and bleeding gums.
These few elegists deriving
their faith and marching orders
from empty moonshine bottles
of once free spirits;
distilled from the coagulated
blood drained from centuries
of dead soldiers....
This is all we have left from the once
abundant fields of our prosperity.
We have failed to fulfill our roles
as the appointed good stewards
of the heavens and have become
nothing more than drunkards
of a fatal dose of power….
2008 © TS
Ted Sheridan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Open Bar for Agnostics by Ted Sheridan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra