RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Out Of Step
Singing - rocking - out of time with each beat -
sliding across visions with irreparable tempos.
Collapsing all the notes, putting them together
where they belong, yet still out of step with
what you're singing.
Caustically creating a mirror that no one would
ever want to look in.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Out Of Step by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Warning, Jenny Joseph