RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sorrow following every step as I try to outrun the tears that are always chasing me down yesterday's pathways.
Taking mysterious side roads, trying to interrupt signals grief insists on sending my way.
Lifelong melodies standing on their own, sometimes comforting me with tear-stained pillows, as I sleep into the future no longer able to move from my bed.
Lingering lightly, awaiting my angel, hoping to let go and follow her to heaven's gardens, where I may at last be buried peacefully alone.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Outrunning Tears by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael