Theodora (Theo) Onken
It always arrives uninvited
Into my life much rain must fall...
Un-nerving me and my well being
My body? Why pain wants it all;
It has become a constant companion
With nary a break or a pause...
Awakening every day in wonder and what if's...
Of the uncomfortable this condition does cause;
It travels a circuit - almost constant
There is no position that seems right- -
Inflamation's pain - is truly unrelenting
As i continue to fight with all my might;
It keeps me a prisoner and bed ridden...
No reprieve is ever given to me- -
A visitor that i prayed would leave- -
Alas, realizing - that is never to be;
It reminds me always of it's angry presence...
Oft' times making me cry...
As i am left here in suspended animation- -
Biding my time - just waiting to die;
By, Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland
- Intesely Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Jakhm dilon kaa jab bhi dhoun,, Aftab Alam
- achchhe din aa gaye, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Into The Valley, Michael P. McParland
- It's All For You, Michael P. McParland
- Dog, Valerie Worth
- Grass, Valerie Worth
- It's Hard, Michael P. McParland
- Inferno, Michael P. McParland