Pain Gets Better.
Feelings inside not being let out,
unable to hold back my tears.
Inside my heart, fills up with doubt
yet still, nobody cares?
The searing anger pent up inside,
burning right through your soul.
Between these two places is where I reside.
Feeling empty, and as black as coal.
Unsure of the feelings I hold,
I push them aside a let my light shine.
Now I am standing, being so bold,
bouncing back hard is a sign.
If coal becomes pure beauty,
I will grow grand over time.
It shall come to pass, I'll find my duty.
And serve my father in heaven above.
Ellie Dalton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pain Gets Better. by Ellie Dalton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma
- On this rainy day, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I need you, Kelly Curiel
- On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spill.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Around us the whispering rain falls, Gert Strydom
- i m so sad, lovey ahuja
- In the garden , Gert Strydom
- In the garden, Gert Strydom