Ogu Henry Chijioke8888
Walking on the verge of fame,
People perfecting on the names of shame.
Brutalised hearts bleeding in the games they frame,
Always blameless in the times of blame.
Truthfulness in the times of lies,
Their hearts, bold as cold like ice.
Do they also reign in the lands of death?
Do greatness also come in the times of birth?
Still don't know why we are walking in their path,
Life could be such a wrath in the heart of wealth.
Ogu Henry Chijioke8888's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Painful Perfection by Ogu Henry Chijioke8888 )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #45, Ronjoy Brahma
- To invasion, hasmukh amathalal
- समनि बान्दो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Last Visit To My Friend, Joyce wolayo
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Abyssinian Queen
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
Robert Laurence Binyon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)