Ogu Henry Chijioke8888
Lamentation of a Poor Lover
Every other one wishes you were theirs,
But me alone you belong to, for years.
They want to love you on their own best ways
To lay you on their bed of Roses, to hurt you with love, care and kiss.
But you are mine alone
please my love,
Lie on my poor ragged mat,
They wish you were theirs, but you belong to me.
O, Poor love i have to give,
But strong standing, i will forever be,
Yes, their diamonds could forever gleam,
Like the star in your nights and in my dreams,
But my love for you would forever be.
Ogu Henry Chijioke8888's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lamentation of a Poor Lover by Ogu Henry Chijioke8888 )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)