Like a quiet peaceful birdsong,
In the calmness of the morn,
Or the somber hush of wind,
Upon the sparkling grasses...
So is the orchestra of life.
Like a solemn winter snowfall,
In the chill of evening light,
Or the last long rays of sun,
Upon the darkening forest...
So is the drama of the seasons.
Like a far-off roll of thunder,
In the humid summer night,
Or the mighty crash of waves,
Upon the rocky shoreline...
So is the awesome power of God.
Like a soldier in the battle,
In the conflict for the right,
Or the artist painting color,
Upon the empty canvas...
So is the poignant call of duty.
Jesse Fast's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parallels by Jesse Fast )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- the poet
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Television, Roald Dahl
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare