Like a quiet peaceful birdsong,
In the calmness of the morn,
Or the somber hush of wind,
Upon the sparkling grasses...
So is the orchestra of life.
Like a solemn winter snowfall,
In the chill of evening light,
Or the last long rays of sun,
Upon the darkening forest...
So is the drama of the seasons.
Like a far-off roll of thunder,
In the humid summer night,
Or the mighty crash of waves,
Upon the rocky shoreline...
So is the awesome power of God.
Like a soldier in the battle,
In the conflict for the right,
Or the artist painting color,
Upon the empty canvas...
So is the poignant call of duty.
Jesse Fast's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parallels by Jesse Fast )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)