I could feel the Hole in my chest.
There is now one less to carry on your family crest.
How i wished this time would never come.
No one was here to stop your heart from giving the final drum.
You came and you went so fast.
It cast a big black shadow around me that will last.
it feels like the tears are everlasting.
There are so many difficult things, but this one is the worst, parting.
People all come and say, 'it will be okay'.
That's not what I want to hear them say.
I want to hear that it was all a bad dream
and that you are fine and we are still a team.
But I guess my dream has turned into a nightmare
and you are being drawn back into the demons lair.
Or if you are lucky you are being taken to the golden gates in the sky,
but one day i hope we will again be able to see eye to eye.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parting by Amelia Murray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love and speak, hasmukh amathalal
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper