RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Plight Of Desire
Strangled by the purpose of human values no longer counted
among attributes of today, the unlisted age of carefree
sexual pleasures has arrived.
Wholesomely decaying energies of people, lying them in early
graves, filled with the diseases of our day.
Lined up, heads hung low, shuffling their feet, saddened by
the plight of aids and other similar diseases.
There seems to be no caring, no compassionate hearts to see
the bleeding of another's shame.
Forgotten on back roads, misery takes over, staking it's
claim like a prospector with his mine.
Yet, there are no riches to be found anywhere, death lies
waiting at every doorstep, claiming it's ownership of souls
in the end.
Tears are shed, no more life held inside except the warmth
of died-down passion.
Holding close, several moments of spoken contact or hugs
given sparingly, protected in quiet memories, held tightly
in fists of sorrow, let go of only when death takes over.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plight Of Desire by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- சூரிய ஒளி தன் அபூர்வ கிரணங்களோடு விரைந்த.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Awe - Inspiring Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remarkable Photograph, Frank Avon
- White Buffalo Annunciation, mary douglas
- Unrest Soul: Scaffolding Divergence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- I Was There, David Lacey
- GRACE, Itsoghole O Solomon
- Clock Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Promise You, Lilly Emery
- Rock my boat, george albot
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)