Poet- An Artist or a Craftsman
Or a craftsman?
Clothing the emotions and ideas
In the garb of
Roundels, Sonnets, Odes.
“Poetry is the spontaneous overflow
Of powerful emotions.”
Eliot says that
A poet is
Conscious of his creation.
Which of the two
Hold true for you?
Are you a Romantic
Or a Modernist?
Are you an Artist?
Or a craftsman?
asma bahrainwala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poet- An Artist or a Craftsman by asma bahrainwala )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Ethereal Wonder, Jerry Ukaigwe
- One Day, Marizane Diedericks
- Since you have left, Marizane Diedericks
- Fairy Tale, Marizane Diedericks
- Escape, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Life, Marizane Diedericks
- My Love for you, Nathan Mills
- Nightmare, John Thorkild Ellison
- Evenings on the Verandah, Angell Afinowi
- My deepest visions of you, Colina Fu Yang