The poet must transcend both love and lust
to focus on eternal infinite
discovered both in tawdry boom and bust
and Nature's gifts, bright day and darkest night.
Some may believe they Phoenix imitate
when [p]raising dust or ashes and a crust
yet far from ego should mind ease life's weight,
as far from heat as ache, witness unfussed.
Sounds wound around some sonnet heaven bound
seeks more to field fresh way than play at please,
to guide inside/outside and to expound
while spurning interference, discord keys.
Terse verse rehearsed today should centuries
undispersed traverse, fair future frees.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poetic Vision by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide