Power of Good Thoughts
The strength of the body
with the diseases
hidden in the body.
The strength of the mind
with the senses
of desire, fear, lust,
anger and jealousy
hidden in the mind.
One must delve deep down
such untoward thoughts
The real truth
will then be realized.
Mind can then reach
to the things and lives
of the world outside.
Our thoughts then
devolve on others’ hearts
and abide there.
As per our thoughts- -
the world outside appears to us!
Good and pure thoughts
kind and virtuous thoughts
restitute all the goodness
In the world!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Power of Good Thoughts by chandra thiagarajan )
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Stone Heart, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)