Prose The Face Of Yesterday
As she ascended the stairs,
pausing for a moment. Standing on
the balcony reflecting on yesterday.
She turned momentarily, her eyes
scanning the crowd of beautiful
people, gathering for a lovely
Music was softly playing. Couples
were swaying to the music, it was
a magical scene.
Suddenly a pair of eyes were
looking back at her. Someone so
familiar, someone from yesterday
had stepped out of her dreams,
and emerged into this life time.
He was dancing with a lovely lady.
She was visibly shaken, turning away
to regain her composure for a moment.
Thinking she must get closer, take
another look, speak to him. Somehow
capture his attention.
As she approached the stairs, she
turned once again to find the face
that eluded her so many times before.
The face of yesterday.
The lovely lady was standing, talking
with friends.Laughing in merriment.
The familiar face was nowhere in sight.
It had vanished into the night, as if a
vapor. Was this reality or an illusion?
Her heart sank in despair.
Heather Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prose The Face Of Yesterday by Heather Burns )
Did you read them?
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)