Prose The Face Of Yesterday
As she ascended the stairs,
pausing for a moment. Standing on
the balcony reflecting on yesterday.
She turned momentarily, her eyes
scanning the crowd of beautiful
people, gathering for a lovely
Music was softly playing. Couples
were swaying to the music, it was
a magical scene.
Suddenly a pair of eyes were
looking back at her. Someone so
familiar, someone from yesterday
had stepped out of her dreams,
and emerged into this life time.
He was dancing with a lovely lady.
She was visibly shaken, turning away
to regain her composure for a moment.
Thinking she must get closer, take
another look, speak to him. Somehow
capture his attention.
As she approached the stairs, she
turned once again to find the face
that eluded her so many times before.
The face of yesterday.
The lovely lady was standing, talking
with friends.Laughing in merriment.
The familiar face was nowhere in sight.
It had vanished into the night, as if a
vapor. Was this reality or an illusion?
Her heart sank in despair.
Heather Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prose The Face Of Yesterday by Heather Burns )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet 5: I love thee;, Juwon Daniel
- To Dance in Freedom through Joy, Rohit Sapra
- I FELL BUT STILL ROSE, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR