Prose The Face Of Yesterday
As she ascended the stairs,
pausing for a moment. Standing on
the balcony reflecting on yesterday.
She turned momentarily, her eyes
scanning the crowd of beautiful
people, gathering for a lovely
Music was softly playing. Couples
were swaying to the music, it was
a magical scene.
Suddenly a pair of eyes were
looking back at her. Someone so
familiar, someone from yesterday
had stepped out of her dreams,
and emerged into this life time.
He was dancing with a lovely lady.
She was visibly shaken, turning away
to regain her composure for a moment.
Thinking she must get closer, take
another look, speak to him. Somehow
capture his attention.
As she approached the stairs, she
turned once again to find the face
that eluded her so many times before.
The face of yesterday.
The lovely lady was standing, talking
with friends.Laughing in merriment.
The familiar face was nowhere in sight.
It had vanished into the night, as if a
vapor. Was this reality or an illusion?
Her heart sank in despair.
Heather Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prose The Face Of Yesterday by Heather Burns )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Madness, Is It Poetry
- Hand of the All Goddess, Stephen Bishop
- It's good to be back home..., David Lessard
- Words & Thoughts On Pause, Richard Provencher
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote
- Buzzing Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage