Today the Church in America has truly lost Her focus and Her sight,
For America has truly been blinded by Her prosperity and Her might.
The day of opportunity is almost over and will soon turn to night,
So why is The Body of Christ not holding up the only guiding light?
Our purpose is to take The Light of Christ and penetrate the night,
Where what we know is wrong is proclaimed by evil men to be right.
We were told that evil men and imposters would go from bad to worse,
And to understand their wicked lies God's Truth must be dispersed.
And even though in His image God created all the men upon the earth,
They will never understand or attempt to change without a New Birth.
With the prosperity America has achieved came the ugly sin of pride,
And the Boldness we received by Grace, it has quickly pushed aside.
We do not have a spirit of timidity but boldness to say why He died,
But Christians who are quiet appear to have come along for the ride.
Today many Christians seem to think they can believe and just hide,
But The Lord who looks down on all says that He will not be denied.
Today the Church appears to have been cursed with a Laodicean mind,
Saying they're rich they don't know they're pitiful, poor and blind.
But there's still time to press on and leave this evil world behind,
So have a change of heart and The Holy Spirit will renew your mind.
(Copyright © 08/2002)
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prosperity's Curse by Bob Gotti )
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Euthanasia of Airplanes, Robert Rorabeck
- Spindrels of Cornucopia, Robert Rorabeck
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)