Today the Church in America has truly lost Her focus and Her sight,
For America has truly been blinded by Her prosperity and Her might.
The day of opportunity is almost over and will soon turn to night,
So why is The Body of Christ not holding up the only guiding light?
Our purpose is to take The Light of Christ and penetrate the night,
Where what we know is wrong is proclaimed by evil men to be right.
We were told that evil men and imposters would go from bad to worse,
And to understand their wicked lies God's Truth must be dispersed.
And even though in His image God created all the men upon the earth,
They will never understand or attempt to change without a New Birth.
With the prosperity America has achieved came the ugly sin of pride,
And the Boldness we received by Grace, it has quickly pushed aside.
We do not have a spirit of timidity but boldness to say why He died,
But Christians who are quiet appear to have come along for the ride.
Today many Christians seem to think they can believe and just hide,
But The Lord who looks down on all says that He will not be denied.
Today the Church appears to have been cursed with a Laodicean mind,
Saying they're rich they don't know they're pitiful, poor and blind.
But there's still time to press on and leave this evil world behind,
So have a change of heart and The Holy Spirit will renew your mind.
(Copyright © 08/2002)
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prosperity's Curse by Bob Gotti )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)