Subbaraman N V
QUESTION OF TOMORROW
Atlast underground nuclear test
To show India at its best
All over the world invoking protest
Our engineers and scientists better than the rest!
Scientists proud, diplomats justify
Public applaud, politicians protect
Peace loving worries, economists mystified
Philosophers perturbed, neighbours grumble!
National security paramount sure
Pride of the people fine to ensure
Ego of the engineers important indeed
Skills of the scientists progress with speed!
Nation atlast gained or lost
Neighbours' jealousy looming large
Fear of war gripping fast
Do we need at this stage?
War the child of sickly mind
Peace the fruit of healthy brain
War and peace flow from men and their mind
War abhorred, peace nursed prosperity can't drain!
'Atom for peace'
Avowed goal of yesterday
Nuclear power for peace
Clarion call of today
Do we go with ease
Sure question of tomorrow!
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (QUESTION OF TOMORROW by Subbaraman N V )
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
- We Sleep in Buses (pirates), Mr. Nobody
- Hollow Bricks, Curtlan Popo
- Only pleasure, hasmukh amathalal
- Splendid Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pirate Infection in my Veins, Mr. Nobody
- Remnants, Jack Growden
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)