Subbaraman N V
QUESTION OF TOMORROW
Atlast underground nuclear test
To show India at its best
All over the world invoking protest
Our engineers and scientists better than the rest!
Scientists proud, diplomats justify
Public applaud, politicians protect
Peace loving worries, economists mystified
Philosophers perturbed, neighbours grumble!
National security paramount sure
Pride of the people fine to ensure
Ego of the engineers important indeed
Skills of the scientists progress with speed!
Nation atlast gained or lost
Neighbours' jealousy looming large
Fear of war gripping fast
Do we need at this stage?
War the child of sickly mind
Peace the fruit of healthy brain
War and peace flow from men and their mind
War abhorred, peace nursed prosperity can't drain!
'Atom for peace'
Avowed goal of yesterday
Nuclear power for peace
Clarion call of today
Do we go with ease
Sure question of tomorrow!
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (QUESTION OF TOMORROW by Subbaraman N V )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch
- PH: Echo: Embracing The Future, Brian Johnston