What is quiet? It is the absence of mind and sound. It is the color white, vague like the words of a rambling man. It is the absence of children’s laughter and the shouts of angry people that often fall on deaf ears. Quiet is my soundless thoughts as they drift silently into an unknown void.
What is quiet? Quiet is what we hope to achieve as our minds drift into slumber. Quiet is a man laid to rest, his life accomplished and his dreams accomplished. Quiet is always sought and sometimes found, it is the absence of absence. It is me, it is my mind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quiet by John Miller )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan
- Oh, Those Days of Black 'n White Cookies.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak