I wouldn’t chase away the rainbows inside you
You’ve showed me nothing, I would change.
And also know there isn’t a mirror that hasn’t
Flaked off some silver-oxide or been cracked.
And also know there isn’t a king or a prince
Who hasn’t lost their ill-fitting crown?
Even the mountains that have also up-grown
They’re sometimes, stripped aback. But I wouldn’t
Canon’s blast their yellow-gold from your breast.
I wouldn’t cut or take your flowers to a vase
Or axe your forest canopy for exploration…
Just to make a well-travelled serpentine path.
Such wilderness… is not only yours or mine.
Give me your heart its Persian jasmine garden
And I’ll creep like a vine with lemon dropping leaves
Floating; around your floors for the wind to explore.
Let the buzzards in their envy cry from the sky
For tonight only you and I the stars shall dine.
Cause even I need the elixir of a rainbow
Azure passion is all I promise or propose.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Cold December, Vidura Prabhath
- My Love 4 You, Kristopher DeLander
- My tribute, Laxman Rao
- The Way You Make Me Feel, Kristopher DeLander
- Do as per the words from the mouth of le.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Because Of You, Kristopher DeLander
- In the far meadowland, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Can See Beyond The Hills, I Can Tell B.., kayanja isaac
- I hear again, hasmukh amathalal
- With Some Desires of Surviving, Rohit Sapra