Reading Those Poems By Candlelight
A book that lies near my bed.
A pen, to note essential words:
The world, in shadows sublime
Reading those poems by candlelight.
Life's matter in those lines:
Life matters in these lines.
The rustling of pages eases the pain.
Candlelight, silence, the rain.
Years back it wasn't the same. It seemed
Life fitted in the palm of my hand.
Years back living life to one's guise;
But learning came with every sunrise.
Pages rustle. Words take on significance.
Emotions, in shadows cannot hide.
Reading those poems by candlelight
Emotion, silence, the night.
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reading Those Poems By Candlelight by Rani Turton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery