Reminding ever creature singing love it’s a must
Even as others sleep
Even as their voices weep she sings
Like a starling of her own sacrificial autumn blues.
She singing of the smiting wind imaging fiery irises
She’s imaged on her frozen breath suffuse.
She images their tongues black and gold
Crackling with a fire
A turf log hearth that trembles into flower
She’s imaged skating on their frozen lake
Half froze by a fire burning in the rinds of her bones..
And a man who takes out an egg shell white boat
Breaks the ice where he rows and never rives
His chest she’s told was like a riven chestnut case
Opening split into two, to the bone to be pressed to hers
Readily his spikiness is softening into the loam of hers.
And the song that takes up with their feathery lust
Is just for a short while here before us all
Where; our worlds collide, combust.
Reminding ever creature singing love it’s a must.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reminding ever creature singing love it’s a must by Mark Heathcote )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)