Stream of wisdom flew with time,
Calm and quiet, pure, unstinted,
With sweetness infinite,
Which I never cared for,
Nor I drank a cup of it even.
In me, there was a brute,
During the prime time,
When energy was brimming,
And spirit undying.
Saplings of venom plants
Grew in my field,
That troubled and panicked
The people of my world.
They cried, I laughed at;
They groaned and I clapped.
The savagery, the brutality
What I only loved for.
The wise said,
'You are a hell personified.
'I am the gale epitomised'.
In solitude, still I see
The stream of wisdom
Is flowing with time,
Calm and quiet,
with sweetness infinite,
In the form of the moon-lit night,
The radiance of the dawn,
The stillness of the woods,
The rose fragrant breeze;
Like the majestic Himalayas
With ego-less elegance and
The fathomless ocean of magnificence.
Hungering and thirsting,
I am eager to have a little of them,
But the energy is dipping
And the spirit dying.
Now, with a long sigh of remorse,
Often I say,
'This life has gone astray'.
Pulakkumar Ditti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remorse by Pulakkumar Ditti )
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Help me please, Nassy Fesharaki
- Math Love, Jack Spurlock
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #13, Brian Johnston
- More Precious Than Gold, Erato
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #12, Brian Johnston
- The Thatch Hut., Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)