Repetition - Day Day Defeats
Day day repeats, night empties night
Around the clock as Time and Chance
Year in year out the seasons’ dance
Drive on un[sc]rolling life’s swift flight,
All sense withdraw from man’s poor plight.
Yin, Yang expand, retreat, advance,
Repeat 'I will, I won’t' romance.
Enigma's spins from black to white,
Path insight incites? wayward kite?
Extremes unite, Death’s peace supplants
All haste, all waste - speed, prance, sloth, trance.
The verdict’s rendered, all alike
Sink to sleep as night reaps light
until day [y]earned [c]locks out [sp]urned night.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Repetition - Day Day Defeats by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam