Respice Finem(See the end)
Blood that flows to the heart through the vein,
Peace that emanates from heart to mind, in vain,
Heavenly words that tongue and mouth utters,
Why it differs from the heart that it mutters?
Liar proves to be a pious, keepeth unseen mask
The pace with peace flag, shameless grin, Ye ask!
Still we trapped with our own folly, lost in vanity
Where are those hands? Find; rose once for charity
Cajoled they, those keepeth the cupid desire, sullied
The gaudy Dandy; destroyed and shattered the dream
Un- lipid dissolved in humanity and nicely they bullied
Up to neck, drenched in vice, their pitchers, full brim
When humanity cries, they tearfully cry, with a hum
Me seen their end, and you, must see; Respice finem
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Respice Finem(See the end) by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo