The perfect stage is set, let us flirt,
The globules of fried and floating lards,
Gushing through the tunnels of art,
The Almighty in the Gods is very smart.
Let us roll in the living solution of plasma mixture,
‘Human are Gods’, a sage blabbered while high on happy leaves,
Let us heat up and burn our breathing apertures,
With the incense of narcotic smoke that glorifies the Gods.
We have to meet and it is the decided fate,
Gasping can be heard while emerge for our episodes,
The overly added salt and the secreted hormones routines,
The masonry clogging of the arteries that are close to love’s dictionary.
The perfect back drop is laid; the colorful fume can be seen,
The deposit of blackened tar in honeycomb fixture of the breath,
The fat, salt and the leisurely life style, the masons get the jobs,
Those have flirted a lot, never returned back to tell their sobs.
The iron can corrode and the bones can erode to be porous,
The life is not too short as the nights are always too long,
Dating is the athletic spirit, let this body falls for monetary profit,
Sunken are these ships, no curious captain with stethoscope can rescue.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Various health issues point their fingers to bad habits, so we can avoid the habits that are harmful to our health.
Comments about this poem (s'laugh'terly flirting.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time Minorityism Is Not Good At .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Modern Indian English Poetess In The G.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Funeral March, RoseAnn V. Shawiak