One of those self-same monsters
Was counting sheep in the disturbances
Surrounding the collapse of a deep sense.
And my dynamic imagination felt like
Reading the woolly animals for their brains,
My own disturbances tired afterwards.
Do all women sleep with rules and attributes?
The sharp aroma of coffee awakened in the mind,
Almost hearing noises with eyes and ears.
The tang of orange-juice deliberately sorted
The habits of a century, fully reforming the stay.
Then I fell asleep. I can't remember those
Dreams when he pretended to sleep.
What colour of butter had been open?
I placed a tray onto the heads
With mouth wide open.
I fell asleep with sleep being a provider
As much as gold and silver of dreams.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Same Dreams by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fences. They Are Everywhere, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do in the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy