I discovered this toolbox
Law of possession ninety days and so on
I put an ad in the local newspaper
I went to the police station
Out of bedroom loneliness not guilt
I locked the box in my heart's box
Days and nights I dream the dream
Beating heart -My body- visible yet invisible
The Modern Era building blocks
Social network through the electronic box
Make belief dreams on display
Reality, Australia exile on display
I wonder whose dream kept safe in the toolbox?
I wonder what it all means?
'Let Me Count The Ways' Yearning Letters?
Or Love letters pleading for release perhaps?
Or wishful love hidden from an imprisoned life
Has time not changed it malice?
Today I suffer from the same callous!
Should I swing upwards towards all heavenly thoughts?
Or downwards drawn to the depth of utter distraught!
It is Saturday night after all
Surfing my toolbox zero roll call
My 'Saturday Night Fever' no phones call
The only one reality's blood clot
Organized uprising free thought!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saturday Night by Leaking Pen )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)