Say The Same
We've walked together down this winding road,
For five or so years now
In search of something true.
And all together we grew.
But for now our journey has come to an end,
The days have finally ended
And it's on to something new.
For me and you and you.
So goodbye, my friend.
Goodbye for now
And goodluck in your life,
Hopefully it will be full of luck and free from strife.
I know so much will change.
New friendships will be made
But looking back I can say,
I wouldn't change a single day.
So many memories,
We have all got to make,
The challenges we have met.
Are memories I will never forget.
Because those lessons made us who we are today,
Now we are taking the next step on.
Without a regret or any pain,
From all of the troubles will can try to refrain.
But looking back I can honestly say,
I wouldn't change a single thing.
I hope you can say the same
Because life can not be reset like a game.
That we have all got to understand,
This is the only life we have,
So seriously make the most of it,
Right down to the very last bit.
By Sian Mein
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Say The Same by Sian Mein )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare