Soumita Sarkar Ray
Secret Of Marriage
Though meeting is 'arranged'
It's better to become 'friends'
Before you take the holy vows
Two strange hearts should come close.
One is always vivacious
to swoon the composed demeanour
One is termed grossly 'silly'
while the other takes charge.
Things take different root
just have a closer look.
HOW TRUE IS THIS SAYING!
after spending few months
two expert minds understand.
One engages in merriment
that makes the other cross
'I would order Continental'
'I better prefer Chinese'
Precious tears stream down
Look! who is screaming aloud.
Words are hurtled like
swords and spears
killer stares are bravely borne
'My life has become hell?
'Oh! Speak for God's sake'
'Don't you crawl in self-made shell'
Two sane persons poles apart
Was their union a disaster?
Despite a valid point,
You see.....my friend
If you keenly observe,
opposites always attract.
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secret Of Marriage by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Answer to Cancer, Edwina Reizer
- In The Past, Trumbull Stickney
- What is there in the sky, gajanan mishra
- I bow down, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Too Fair I See, Lauren B Called
- Words of Love, Lauren B Called
- Pain, Lauren B Called
- Because We're All in this Together, Lauren B Called
- AMONG THE GOOD PEOPLE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I miss you, Billie Jessie