RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Semblance Of Endurance
Hopes and aspirations continue living through me in
spite of what I am still going through.
Reaching through depths of suffering, I somehow find
my way into expressions of twilight.
Gathering it's stars into memories that I can hold onto,
even in throes of death's existent hold on me, no matter
what I happen to do.
Finally, following movements meant for me in this
empty life, as it continues to move forward without me
in step with it at every turn.
Feeling bereft and lonely, I locate some semblance of
endurance, using it along with the stubbornness of my
Italian soul here on earth for now.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Semblance Of Endurance by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Normal, Foster Teegarden
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #14, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #13, Ronjoy Brahma
- Duty, Obligation, love-optional, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Need not stuff, hasmukh amathalal
- Lonely Hearts, Sandra Feldman
- Strikethrough, Foster Teegarden
- How the Masters Roll~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)