Lawrence S. Pertillar
Instead of cheering those of their own,
To succeed and achieve...
And laying to pave a foundation they could depend.
For them and generations to come,
They feed on deceit, idle jealousy and thieves.
Creating an isolation of destituting deprivation.
Begging for handouts and diminishing empathies.
Until they too...
Like dust from rusting particles in the wind,
That dry up and blow away!
Leaving them unabled to comprehend...
Or connect loose ends.
These minds are not nurtured,
To let those kinds of thoughts sink in!
And the sentiments expressed...
Will not become digested soon enough,
For them to grasp and reflect upon
Their expected disapperance!
That can be assured and counted on!
If they do not free themselves of an ignorance...
They possess and accept with devotion.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sentiments by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(15 February 1935 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...