RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Shelving life, like my seven thousand books, not wanting to come close to them, not wanting to feel the anxiety of death looming near.
Yet, wanting to succumb to it's devastating grasp.
Sliding further into haunted messages of yesterday, knowing they will fill me with their distraught thoughts and leave me wallowing in a quandary of emptiness.
Sorrow pushing me further into pits of hell where I will no longer be able to get out.
Finding no reprieve, no satisfaction entering my level of intellect, sending me into a deepening and intense misery.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shelving Life by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner