I'll sit in silence
Because I can't speak my mind,
The hate crimes might get me
And I'll never be able to hide.
I'll wait in silence
Until my time has come,
Otherwise, if I open my mouth
I'll just be 'gay and dumb'.
I'll hear my silence
Because my silence is loud, you see,
But what if I told someone
And the next hate crime victim is me?
I'll speak my silence
To someone, someday,
But until then, Silence is golden
Noone needs to know I'm gay.
I'll watch everyone in silence,
I don't want to cause any violence.
Dedicated to those who have suffered silence due to Homophobia hate crimes. May your pain and silence be at ease and heard.
Written on: Day Of Silence 2008. (April 25)
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence by Kelsey Joe )
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)