I'll sit in silence
Because I can't speak my mind,
The hate crimes might get me
And I'll never be able to hide.
I'll wait in silence
Until my time has come,
Otherwise, if I open my mouth
I'll just be 'gay and dumb'.
I'll hear my silence
Because my silence is loud, you see,
But what if I told someone
And the next hate crime victim is me?
I'll speak my silence
To someone, someday,
But until then, Silence is golden
Noone needs to know I'm gay.
I'll watch everyone in silence,
I don't want to cause any violence.
Dedicated to those who have suffered silence due to Homophobia hate crimes. May your pain and silence be at ease and heard.
Written on: Day Of Silence 2008. (April 25)
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence by Kelsey Joe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUR REAL REALITY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Love Strippers, Barry Jablonski
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones
- your memory barks in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran