Peace is what I need
Peace is what I want
People say that you can't have everthing.
But I need this.
I need and desperatly need to hear the glorious sounds of the singing doves!
Can no one hear my cries?
I am yelling!
Or am I whispering?
I don't know what I'm thinking.
There are so many thoughts in my head!
But then again, my mind is...blank.
When will this torture end! !
Wait.. Now...... I feel... different
I feel, alive and I don't know what happened.
I woke up?
Yes! ! ! It was only a dream! A simple thought of imagination!
And what's that? !
What is that sound I hear? !
Why! It's the sound of doves? Yes! !
MY wonderful singing doves. Finally.
Anna Christine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Singing Doves by Anna Christine )
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)