its where I'm destined to go
beneath the fallen branches
and clogged gutters
Like falling into a hole and having the ladder pulled,
where straw men line the streets and alleys
there are plenty of places to sit on
I don't need absolute Freedom
but I will take a stipple of freedoms
I don't need fancy things because I know
who profits from them.
I know what total Freedom brings out in a man
turning him into a bottle rocket
the fire is warm but soon he will combust and climb far enough
to see all the pretty lights
then explode into my little fragments of freedom to be carried with the wind
and vanish in the night.
Skid row one long track where once a match was lit.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skid Row by jerome moore )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar