M.D Dinesh Nair
As India votes for the next regime to be anointed
Amidst all sounds and fury In New Delhi this May
The people have no Solomon`s Choice.
The fancies of a well grown boy pampered by all around and
The exhortations from the mouth of a much modified and self made man
Leave the Indian voters helpless, nay desperate.
A wand wagon of commoners appeared with caps on their heads
And it appeared to take all by storm for some time just for some time
But that was not an oasis but a snare and delusion blacking out!
As 1270 million people here look forward to leading
A life that offers nothing different as usual
We all chant in unison, “ We are the largest Democracy”.
We don`t ask for a land of milk and honey
We seek not a heaven of elixir and gaiety of balls
But we need to walk along these corridors of trying times.
Soon we may hear the sound of one hand clapping
No where we see the salt of the earth coming to our rescue
But all are around us to play the devil`s advocates.
A nation in waiting to equate itself with China
With a people ever fleeing to the Middle East and the West
And a tri-colour flying high at times – we are that!
Dear Solomon of the North, be pleased to be reborn here,
Please, offer your choice to us as well after this experiment
And live in this country sweating out in this land of reality.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SOLOMON`S CHOICE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong