M.D Dinesh Nair
As India votes for the next regime to be anointed
Amidst all sounds and fury In New Delhi this May
The people have no Solomon`s Choice.
The fancies of a well grown boy pampered by all around and
The exhortations from the mouth of a much modified and self made man
Leave the Indian voters helpless, nay desperate.
A wand wagon of commoners appeared with caps on their heads
And it appeared to take all by storm for some time just for some time
But that was not an oasis but a snare and delusion blacking out!
As 1270 million people here look forward to leading
A life that offers nothing different as usual
We all chant in unison, “ We are the largest Democracy”.
We don`t ask for a land of milk and honey
We seek not a heaven of elixir and gaiety of balls
But we need to walk along these corridors of trying times.
Soon we may hear the sound of one hand clapping
No where we see the salt of the earth coming to our rescue
But all are around us to play the devil`s advocates.
A nation in waiting to equate itself with China
With a people ever fleeing to the Middle East and the West
And a tri-colour flying high at times – we are that!
Dear Solomon of the North, be pleased to be reborn here,
Please, offer your choice to us as well after this experiment
And live in this country sweating out in this land of reality.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SOLOMON`S CHOICE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The Blind Blue., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Hot Dog Fight at the Supermarket, Kevin Rottweiler
- Haiku The Season, Heather Burns
- Haiku Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- This Is Not A Consolation Prize, mary douglas
- State Of Mind, david kush
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas
- Call the coastguard there's a galley sla.., Mark Heathcote
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH ('poo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas