Some Roads Lead Home
Some roads go forwards, backwards, onwards
Tracing the planet like leylines; some can circle the earth
Several times; roads, lanes, paths and country gullies
And vast ocean routes around the globe
All these territories I can roam.
But only one, only one path leads home.
Earth, sky, land and astral route
I will follow, the sound of that distant flute
I will come, when I am ready;
Soon; my steps are still unsteady.
There are proverbs and wisdom's ways
I know nothing of all that: I followed my heart
There were soothsayers and phantoms
All blocking my path; there were the rationalists
And technicians who negated my soul.
I will come, when I feel whole.
Roads and routes, paths and lanes
Sprinkle earth's body like veins;
One day I will arrive at journey's end
There nurse this pain and this heart finally mend.
Copyright: Rani Turton
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Roads Lead Home by Rani Turton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Kriztan Rei Palces
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Over-Ripe Sushi, Yosa Buson
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra
- Christmas Is Here Tonight, Hebert Logerie
- खता करके, तुम्हारे द्वार पर, हर बार जाता.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra