Some Roads Lead Home
Some roads go forwards, backwards, onwards
Tracing the planet like leylines; some can circle the earth
Several times; roads, lanes, paths and country gullies
And vast ocean routes around the globe
All these territories I can roam.
But only one, only one path leads home.
Earth, sky, land and astral route
I will follow, the sound of that distant flute
I will come, when I am ready;
Soon; my steps are still unsteady.
There are proverbs and wisdom's ways
I know nothing of all that: I followed my heart
There were soothsayers and phantoms
All blocking my path; there were the rationalists
And technicians who negated my soul.
I will come, when I feel whole.
Roads and routes, paths and lanes
Sprinkle earth's body like veins;
One day I will arrive at journey's end
There nurse this pain and this heart finally mend.
Copyright: Rani Turton
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Roads Lead Home by Rani Turton )
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez