Days seem to come and go, fading into my skin…
Disappearing, yet never really leaving.
Time lingers here, weighing down on my breaths.
And I’ve never wished so much, as I do today,
For it to be nothing more than an old shopping cart or dirty street sign…
Rather than what it is:
A color that doesn’t exist or a temperature that gives no degree…
Day after day,
The sun rises and the sun sets…
Time is time.
And it has soaked up every inch of me as I sit here and count every tic-tocking chime of its inevitable importance…
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faithful Companion by Brenda Arroyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable