(Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad.
It was happiness all over,
I saw stars look like balls,
Balls looked like oranges,
But could not see how oranges looked like!
I saw women look like paw paws,
Paw paws looked like breasts,
Breasts looked like cocoa,
But could not see how cocoa looked like.
I used to eat what I saw, but now I starve,
I talked naked truth, but now I’m a liar,
I flew distances and miles, but now I’m caged,
I swarm in air, but now I shudder walk.
I had a strong ambition to build a castle,
In which I laid the foundation in a day,
Only to find myself assigned other assignments.
Here I come to an end, for my time mad,
Happy I was at a time, but now I see,
Mad I was, but my life still continued,
That’s all I can remember for my time mad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad. by ckim mbasa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland