(Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad.
It was happiness all over,
I saw stars look like balls,
Balls looked like oranges,
But could not see how oranges looked like!
I saw women look like paw paws,
Paw paws looked like breasts,
Breasts looked like cocoa,
But could not see how cocoa looked like.
I used to eat what I saw, but now I starve,
I talked naked truth, but now I’m a liar,
I flew distances and miles, but now I’m caged,
I swarm in air, but now I shudder walk.
I had a strong ambition to build a castle,
In which I laid the foundation in a day,
Only to find myself assigned other assignments.
Here I come to an end, for my time mad,
Happy I was at a time, but now I see,
Mad I was, but my life still continued,
That’s all I can remember for my time mad.
ckim mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad. by ckim mbasa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To Greg, Michael McParland
- Time Will Come, Michael McParland
- Time, Michael McParland
- Tickling Aberation, Michael McParland
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael McParland
- These Fears, Michael McParland
- The Worst, Michael McParland
- The World, Michael McParland
- The Simpler the Better, Brandon J. Moore
- The Wind, Michael McParland