(Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad.
It was happiness all over,
I saw stars look like balls,
Balls looked like oranges,
But could not see how oranges looked like!
I saw women look like paw paws,
Paw paws looked like breasts,
Breasts looked like cocoa,
But could not see how cocoa looked like.
I used to eat what I saw, but now I starve,
I talked naked truth, but now I’m a liar,
I flew distances and miles, but now I’m caged,
I swarm in air, but now I shudder walk.
I had a strong ambition to build a castle,
In which I laid the foundation in a day,
Only to find myself assigned other assignments.
Here I come to an end, for my time mad,
Happy I was at a time, but now I see,
Mad I was, but my life still continued,
That’s all I can remember for my time mad.
ckim mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Song Of A Madman) My Time Mad. by ckim mbasa )
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)