The years have passed like clouds across the dale;
The years have gone and will return no more,
For they no longer move me, as the lore
Of legend, and of song, and doina's tale
Brought wonder to my boyish brow of yore,
And mystery its meaning half unveil.
Your shade falls round me now to no avail,
O secret twilight hour on evening's shore.
To tear a sound out of the life that's gone,
To stir within my soul again its thrill
My hand upon the silent lyre is numb.
Ay, all is lost beneath youth's horizon,
The tender voice of bygone days is still,
While time rolls out behind me... night has come.
(Translated by Corneliu M. Popescu)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet V by Mihai Eminescu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- World of Joy, sherif monem
- JOEL OSTEEN POEM = CHILD OF GOD, Tom Zart
- Brick, Catya Prager
- A paddle, george albot
- BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL, MYK NWACHUKWU
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzae Chevalier
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola