The Brazen Bells of Midnight...
The brazen bells of midnight upon the darkness toll,
But sleep, life's custom agent, won't take from me his dole;
Down paths so many follow, death would my spirit lead,
And death, when all considered, resembles life indeed;
While in my heart the balance does level stand between
And neither to the one, nor to the other lean.
(Translated by Corneliu M. Popescu)
Mihai Eminescu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Brazen Bells of Midnight... by Mihai Eminescu )
- Peanut Butter, Daniel Karbon
- Who gives a shit.............by Talile Ali, Talile Ali
- Wild flowers are flowers, but their frag.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beautiful Memories, Prabal Dev
- Who give's a shit, Talile Ali
- FORGIVENESS, WORSHIP, TRUST & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Shattered and alone, Nicole GravellPellerino
- But the Leaves Of Grass, Neela Nath
- It is impossible, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon