saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
Sovereign girl … 1905 - 2k13
Kicked on beach cockle shells
then the office guys to hell
the prickly sand tickles my toes
and his laughter, that he knows
the bosses work I so often do
why I like him, don’t have a clue
late to bed and early to rise
nets me bonus, worldly prize
with the alarm, shoot out of bed
fumble and clamp its button dead
thirty minutes of a race in time
switch on tube to scan the crime
hair and hands tomorrow then
laptop purse and favorite pen
at the bus stop same old scene
a million times I must have seen
I hate their frills and lacy girls
The dumb pouts and their curls
What’s up beat in a gender trap
All they need is a firmly slap
Daunted not by brawn or hurl
Brainy and brash is sovereign girl
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem