Stairway to Heaven
Drifting on wings of an agnel,
The stairway to Heaven unfolds,
The steps leading up to a city,
The pathways transparent of gold.
At the base of the ascending staircase,
A lamb sits soft at the door,
Surrounded by lilies and lions,
Grace has transcended the roars.
The Lamb offers peace in His presence,
Your fears He'll caress like a dove,
The soft gentle fleece of His body,
Will cover you up in His love.
Then soft as the wings of an agnel,
He'll carry your cares to the door,
The Lamb knows the steps of the staircase,
He's traveled this pathway before.
The bright shining lights at the entrance,
Glowing like elegant gems,
Reflect the love of His shepherd,
As he beckons His Lamb to come in.
All of your burdens and heartaches,
Which the Lamb has offered to bear,
He lays at the feet of the Shepherd,
Whose love has invited them there.
Then drifting on wings of an angel,
The stairway to Heaven descends,
The powerful peace of the Lion,
Waiting soft in the heart of the Lamb.
Jean Penner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stairway to Heaven by Jean Penner )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)