Stairway to Heaven
Drifting on wings of an agnel,
The stairway to Heaven unfolds,
The steps leading up to a city,
The pathways transparent of gold.
At the base of the ascending staircase,
A lamb sits soft at the door,
Surrounded by lilies and lions,
Grace has transcended the roars.
The Lamb offers peace in His presence,
Your fears He'll caress like a dove,
The soft gentle fleece of His body,
Will cover you up in His love.
Then soft as the wings of an agnel,
He'll carry your cares to the door,
The Lamb knows the steps of the staircase,
He's traveled this pathway before.
The bright shining lights at the entrance,
Glowing like elegant gems,
Reflect the love of His shepherd,
As he beckons His Lamb to come in.
All of your burdens and heartaches,
Which the Lamb has offered to bear,
He lays at the feet of the Shepherd,
Whose love has invited them there.
Then drifting on wings of an angel,
The stairway to Heaven descends,
The powerful peace of the Lion,
Waiting soft in the heart of the Lamb.
Jean Penner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stairway to Heaven by Jean Penner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA